New to Quidisq? Please READ THIS first

Welcome to Quidisq!

A forum that stands for Quality UK Investment Discussion.

I won’t bore you with a long list of rules. Instead, just remember:

:white_check_mark: Civilised discussion for mutual benefit :white_check_mark:

Please keep the conversation intelligent and the contributions insightful. The aim is to maintain a higher standard of discussion than found elsewhere (“quality begets quality”). Investment topics only please, and no bad language.

To join in, click on the Sign Up button in the top-right corner…

Quidisq READ THIS signup

…and then follow the on-screen instructions.

(Note: Posts from new users are subject to extra spam filters. Apologies if your message is denied. Please contact me if you become wrongly accused of spam!)

If you get stuck, the link below :point_down: can help you register and post your first topic:

After joining, please do say hello!

Want more help?
Click here for tips and tricks for new forum users.

:warning: Messages judged to be:

:x: disruptive;
:x: spam;
:x: offensive/abusive;
:x: predominantly text copied from elsewhere;
:x: overly promotional of other websites;
:x: non-investment;
:x: general chit-chat, or;
:x: otherwise contributing nothing to the forum…

will be removed without notice. :warning:

:warning:Please do NOT copy and paste entire articles from elsewhere onto the forum. Instead, provide a link, copy just a few paragraphs and outline why the article is worth reading in full. :warning:

Want to ask an investing question? Just ask here.

Any questions about this forum? Please contact me here, or ask right here, and I will assist. Here’s why I started this forum.

Wish to promote a website/company on this forum by posting links? Please contact me first.

Happy posting!

Maynard

2 Likes

An explanation as to why this forum aims for a higher standard of discussion than found elsewhere. “Quality begets quality”.

Low-Quality Engagement Is A Trap

A short-sighted approach to building a community is to start with any activity you can get and then try and improve it.

This almost never works. The people who would make high-quality contributions will be turned off by low-quality activity. No one is going to add a thoughtful analytical piece to a site filled with memes and off-topic discussion. Soon, people will notice they’re not getting much value and move on.

The better approach is to demand high-quality contributions right from the beginning. Be clear about the expectations. Reject and remove contributions (even contributors) who can’t meet that high standard.

It’s much harder to get started, but once things get going quality begets quality. The key is to create and sell a compelling vision. A vision that highlights the benefits of this community, the unique role members can play within it, and the urgency of doing it now.

Low-quality engagement is a trap. It might seem like metrics are improving but you’re just digging deeper into the quicksand. The real magic in starting a community is in creating and executing a powerful story that attracts and resonates with the very people you want in your community.

I do not wish this forum to dig deep into the low-quality quicksand and take the more considered contributions with it.

Maynard

And if you like what you see on this forum, please create an account. There is no obligation to contribute, and you will receive a weekly email summary of the best new topics and posts:

You can alter the email frequency or unsubscribe completely by clicking the links at the bottom of any email received.

Maynard